- There was a marked increase to 178 new positive results among First Nations people over the past 8 days ending May 24, 2021. When adjusted down to 156 for a one-week period, this is still higher than the previous week (124). The number of positive results among First Nations to date is 3,993.
- Over half of the new positive results this week were in the Northeast, which saw a 30% increase in positive test results over last week.
- Test volume has decreased among First Nations and in Ontario.
- The cumulative positivity rate is increasing slowly in Ontario and in First Nations.
- The hospitalization rate among First Nations seems to be slightly increasing over time. Death rate seems steady. Ontario rates are steady and declining for hospitalization and death, respectively.
Download the full PDF report here: COVID testing report 58